Public Notices / Road Construction
Current Road Construction Projects
Multi-Layer Polymer Overlay Project
Two structures located at Green-Randolph Road over South Otter Creek (D.6-9.0) and Fancy Creek Road over Fancy Creek (E.2-5.6). Contract awarded to PCiRoads LLC in the amount of $92,059.55. Due to weather conditions and unforeseen problems, the overlay on Fancy Creek will be redone in the spring of 2019.
Denison Avenue & Marlatt Avenue Roadway Reconstruction Project
Denison Avenue from Kimball Avenue to Marlatt Avenue will be opened to all traffic late afternoon on Friday, November 9, 2018. We appreciate your patience with this project.
Future Construction Projects
Anderson Avenue Bridge Replacement
- Consultant - BG Consultants
- Consultant currently designing a shoo-fly detour on Chicago Ave.
- Utility Agreements have been completed
- Office Check plans have been reviewed
- Negotiating easements acquisitions
- Awaiting Final Check Plans - Oct. 26, 2018
Fancy Creek Road Bridge Replacement
- Consultant - Bartlett & West, Inc.
- Consultant designing bridge with road fully closed and utilizing a signed detour.
- Final Check Plans have been reviewed
- Utility Agreements have been signed
- Negotiating easement acquisition
- Awaiting Final Plans - October 26, 2018
- Anticipate bid letting in late November
Kitten Creek Road Culvert Replacement
- Consultant - Olsson Associates
- No action taken - August 20, 2018
Peach Grove Road Culvert Replacement
- Consultant - SMH Consultants, P.A.
- Field Check Plans reviewed by staff
- Office Check Plans received and under review
- Negotiating easement acquisitions
Stockdale Park Road Bridge Replacement
- Consultant - Schwab Eaton, P.A.
- Office Check Plans received and under review by staff
Vinton School Road Bridge Replacement
- Consultant - Alfred Benesch & Co.
- Office Check Plans received, under review by staff
- Consultant awaiting communication from Corps of Engineers concerning additional easement on Fort Riley